weez
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Have we overlooked the biggest badass of all?
So...I am certainly guilty of hyping breweries/brewers that...well..already have hype. Tomme Arthur from port brewing, Greg Koch from Stone, Sam from Dogfish, and Vinnie Cilurzo of Russian River. In all the hub-ub i feel we may have missed the biggest badass of all...Nick Floyd. Nick Floyd is the mastermind and one of the F's that make up Three Floyds Brewing Co. As i write this...Three Floyds is responsible for 5 beers in the top 100 in the WORLD. They are the gospel when it comes to amazing craft beer. Why do they get forgotten you ask? Indiana. That's why. When you choose Munster, Indiana as your beer's birth place you have definitely taken the vacation visitation possibility and tossed it in the trash. So-cal...let'go....indiana...uh...well...maybe next time. It boils down to lack of money and a huge heart for great beer. Would 3 Floyds have blossomed in Chicago..yes...and would have garnered a bit more hoopla, but at 5,000 more dollars a month in rent, Munster Indiana is close enough. Sadly Three Floyds is not available in Ga...and even more sad...It used to be. When i worked in a bar in the early 2000's three floyds was new on the scene and avaiable through the reckless Thunderhead distributing. I used to buy Robert the Bruce scottish ale at kroger in Grayson, and have my lupulin glands shook by their three floyds "alpha king" extra pale ale. I say all of this to shed a little light on what may be the best craft beer in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree. mmmmmmm....Dreadnaught!
I would also also love some honorable mention to one Larry Bell, and his LONGSTANDING dedication to craft brewed beer.
Post a Comment